Contact Us

     (818) 746-3083 Main Line

     21747 Erwin Street, 2nd Floor
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

License Number 0G72972


Healthcare Programs for:

  • Nursing Homes
  • Residential Care Homes/Assisted Living Homes
  • Hospitals
  • Sub Acute Hospitals
  • Physicians
  • Physician Groups
  • Allied Health
  • For Profit and Non Profit CCRC’s

Lethbridge Vehicle Registration

Lethbridge Vehicle Registration

Lethbridge Vehicle Registration

Vehicle registration in Alberta is compulsory if you intend to use your vehicle on a public highway in Lethbridge. According to the law, all vehicles in Lethbridge (motor vehicle or non-motor vehicle, such as a trailer) must have valid insurance and a Vehicle Registration Certificate.

Anyone who is at least 18 years old can register a vehicle. Anyone below 18 years of age who is not self-supporting or married can only register a vehicle with the consent of their parent or guardian. The parent/guardian will have to sign a consent form at a registry agent's office.

Folks staying in Lethbridge for less than 183 days with a registered vehicle in another jurisdiction do not have to register their vehicles again. However, new residents of Lethbridge are required to change their old registrations to a Lethbridge registration within 90 days of moving to Lethbridge

Here is what is contained in a Vehicle Registration Certificate:

  • the name of the registered owner
  • vehicle description
  • the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • licence plate type
  • licence plate number

You will not be able to register your vehicle in Lethbridge if you have any outstanding fines, so you want to bear that in mind.

Registering Your Vehicle in Lethbridge

Passenger, motorcycle and off-highway vehicle registrations are issued for a minimum of 1 year to a maximum of 2 years. To register your vehicle in Lethbridge, you will need to visit a registry agent with the following documents:

  • Proof of ownership document, such as a lease, bill of sale, probated will or letters of administration.
  • Proof of valid insurance for the vehicle includes the name(s) of the person(s) requesting the registration.
  • Acceptable identification.
  • an out-of-province, salvage or commercial inspection (if applicable)

If you are looking for a registry agent, you can run an internet search with the query "find a registry agent near me."

If you register a used vehicle in Lethbridge for the first time, you may require an inspection if you bought the vehicle outside of Lethbridge.

The good thing about Lethbridge vehicle licensing and registry is that you can register a vehicle on behalf of someone else. All that is required are:

  • your proof of ownership document, proof of valid insurance, and their ID
  • a signed and completed Authorization for Vehicle Services form.

To register a vehicle bought outside Canada, you must get the proper inspection completed and provide import documentation.

Registering Commercial Vehicles

There are 3 classes of licence plates given to vehicles that transport people or goods (commercial vehicles)in Lethbridge. They are Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 licence plates. Commercial vehicle registration is issued for a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 1 year, and there are additional registration requirements for the registration of commercial vehicles.

Contact us for the best quotes

At Schwartz Reliance, we’re known for providing second-to-none registration and insurance solutions for vehicle owners in Lethbridge and its environs. Our company has been in business for over nine decades and we’ve built a stellar reputation over the years. If you’re ready to work with us, you’ll be glad to know that getting a free insurance quote has never been easier. Simply click here for a detailed vehicle insurance or registration quote.    

Schwartz Reliance Insurance & Registry Services
Lethbridge Vehicle Registration
300 10 Street South
Lethbridge AB T1J 2M6

View Larger Map

We welcome your comments!